The Guidon

Celebrating 100 Years of Norwich University Student News

The Guidon

The Guidon

Director shares her delight in influencing the campus in her own way

Staff Spotlight

Nicole Krotinger, director of Counseling & Wellness  has served Norwich University for seven years. She received her undergraduate degree in English and her Master’s in Counseling from the University of Vermont and is now a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor.

At Norwich, her day-to-day job entails administrative duties, supervision of staff, counseling of students, crisis management, and developing the programming and services at the university for mental health- these are both prevention and support. “Sometimes I bring my mini golden doodle to work, as he is a registered therapy dog, and he loves to spend time with students here,” said Krotinger. 

Originally from Massachusetts, now living in Waitsfield, Vermont, Krotington shares her proudest career accomplishment as a founding therapist of a mental health nonprofit organization in her community called Hannah’s House.  It is still helping the community and growing in its outreach and scope, today.

“I am also proud of the team I have helped to build here at Norwich and how the campus has been open to reducing stigma and creating more opportunities for growth and collaboration here. ”

An interesting fact about herself is that Krotinger spent a semester abroad in Baja California, Mexico in college, studying whales.

When asked where she hopes to be in her career in 5 years:

“I usually have a “7-year itch” where I work and like to mix it up, but with the pandemic, I don’t feel like I have been working here on campus as long as that.   I enjoy the supervision of staff, and also like the idea of building a more holistic center for health here on campus.  ”