Meet the editorial board

The Norwich Guidon is the best option for students seeking to gain journalism experience because it is the official student-run publication at Norwich University. As the editor for this semester, I would like to introduce the four committed individuals who make up the Editorial Board. They are responsible for producing a single editorial every two weeks in which they discuss subjects and problems that they believe are important to the Norwich community. This year, all four of the members are new to the Board, so we wanted to give them a chance to introduce themselves and express their love for student journalism.

Name: Amarnath (Ash)
Age: 19
Academic Year: Sophomore
Civilian Student
Computer Science Major
Hometown: Tamilnadu and Kerala, India

“I joined the Guidon because this is a great opportunity for me to be a part of a team where we will have the power to address the problems faced by Norwich students. I’m a Residential Advisor (RA) for Dalrymple’s 3rd floor; as an RA, I’m in constant touch with my floor members and others. So, we usually discuss student issues or topics that concern students; that being the case, I always try my best to address the issues faced by students and the staff members (facilities, etc.). I usually send out emails or hold in-person meetings to discuss the issue. I’m someone who’s interested in being part of addressing issues at Norwich. Not just Issues faced by students but anything students should be made aware of, like any major events or opportunities that students should be made aware of. My accomplishment would be the power to be able to address issues on campus, especially the suppressed issues. I want everyone’s voice to be heard, and my mission is to act as a medium for their voice and amplify it in a way it will be heard.”

Name: Mitchell McKay
Age: 21
Academic Year: Junior
Civilian Student
Political Science Major with Minors in Pre-Law and History
Hometown: Lynnfield, MA

“I joined the student editorial board as I have always had a passion for writing. Furthermore, I enjoy writing most when I am able to express my opinion or the opinions of others. I get really zoned into writing having to do with things I am passionate about, and the student editorial board provides me a platform to do so. I hope to bring light to issues on campus that myself and others are passionate about and grow the student editorial board to be the talk of campus and something consumers look forward to reading.”

Name: Zoha Alam
Age: 19
Academic Year: Junior
Corps of Cadet Student
Biology Major
Hometown: Old Bridge, NJ

“I joined the Guidon because I want to involve myself in a program where I can express the many opinions around the community. I hope to represent those who don’t have a strong presence on campus and drive for change and recognition they deserve.”

Name: Shannon Hobbs
Age: 19
Academic Year: Sophomore
Corps of Cadet Student
Communications and Management Double Major with a concentration in Leadership
Hometown: Elon, NC

“I joined the editorial board to represent the opinions of Norwich’s students and bring them to light. I hope we can represent the student voice accurately, and we can insight any needed change for Norwich.”