The Guidon

Celebrating 100 Years of Norwich University Student News

The Guidon

The Guidon

Political science student expresses love for theater

The Guidon publishes spotlights of Norwich students every Sunday. To be considered for this feature, please email [email protected]

Erin Reynolds is a current sophomore Corps of Cadet student majoring in Political Science with a minor in Communications from Hudson, NY. She is a part of Provisional Battalion, Headquarters Company, as an S5 Cadet Corporal.  

Obsessed with Broadway, Erin has seen almost seventy shows since 2021. She is also obsessed with Harry Potter, showing her love through a growing collection of almost twenty different wands and a playbill collection of over 100. She loves Shirly Temples and ice cream – was named “Milkshake” amongst her high school softball team due to her having one before every game. Despite her sweet tooth, she hates the dentist. She loves dogs and believes them to be massive morale boosters but doesn’t understand why people like cows. They scare her.  

Erin shares her love to travel, and after her trip to Portugal with her Girl Scout Troop in her sophomore year of school, she dreams of wanting to travel around Europe unless it involves road trips, as she hates being in a car for more than four to five hours. In her free time, she passionately watches Curling whenever she sees it on ESPN.

Erin first visited Norwich in March of 2019 at the Junior open hours for high school students. After that weekend, she decided she would never come to Norwich. The snow was something she had always hated, and just the drive up was enough to tell her Norwich wasn’t where she should be. She then decided to go to SUNY Maritime and loved the campus, people, athletics, and culture.  Although the campus was locked down due to COVID-19, Erin played volleyball, rowed on the crew team, and was a part of the USCG AUP. What she didn’t love was the looming thought of working on a boat for the rest of her life, so that’s when she decided to leave. Erin decided to look at other military colleges because she liked the productivity the regiment at Maritime gave her. Torn between VMI and Norwich, she decided to go to Norwich from what she remembered about it.  

During her college career, Erin wants to do well in school. She is hoping to find another summer internship and hopefully study abroad in London for a semester. After Norwich, Erin is planning and hopes to stay in the theater industry. She interned in development at a nonprofit theater this past summer called the Westport Country Playhouse, and for her, it was one of the best experiences she’s ever had.