The Guidon

Celebrating 100 Years of Norwich University Student News

The Guidon

The Guidon

Student finds a way to express herself on campus

Monae Burgie, age 21, is a junior corps of cadet student majoring in psychology from Northern California.
Originally, Norwich was not her first choice of college. However, Monae shares her appreciation for her Navy JROTC Captain’s persistence that led to her applying. Her plan was to only stay for a year but soon fell in love with both the school and the people.
She is passionate about her religion and in doing that she is an active member of NCF (Norwich Christian Fellowship.) Monae is an active member of Norwich Women’s Ruby and enjoys playing because “it’s a sport that always physically challenges you, plus I get a legal reason to hit people and not get in trouble.”
As a psychology major, her fun fact is that she is good at observing people and noticing the small things about them, whether that be personality or personal preferences.
Post graduation: Monae wishes to be a psychologist and work at an outpatient center that helps people with their mental health  (i.e. schizophrenia, bipolar.) This was inspired when she heard of medical centers in New Hampshire that efficiently practice helping patients and their vulnerabilities fit into to their everyday lives.
View Comments (1)
Donate to The Guidon

Your donation will support the student journalists of Norwich University. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.